Sunday, March 22, 2015

Cologne and Berlin

One of the great things about jet lag is waking up at 5.30 in the morning and going for a walk in a city and pretty much having it all to yourself. I was in Cologne and Berlin recently and enjoyed getting up very early and walking through empty city streets. 





In Cologne it was the day after St Patrick's Day that I walked around and I was particularly struck by the trail of devastation outside both the city's Irish pubs (including pools of vomit which I did not photograph). I did photograph my rather strange looking (but delicious) 3 tier breakfast which I had after my long walk (I kept wanting Mr Spock to say "your move, Jim")....Thank you also to everyone who came out to my readings in both Berlin and Cologne. Really nice knowledgeable crowds that I very much appreciated....