Friday, December 12, 2014

Best of the Year Lists


I've made a couple of best of the year lists that I thought I should tell you about. I mean why not, right? It's nearly Christmas and you may be looking to get books for people as last minute presents...I appreciate that I am not exactly a trustworthy source regarding the quality of my own material so instead of taking my word for it why not put your faith in some national media sources instead... 

1. The Mail On Sunday (Britain's best selling Sunday newspaper) has picked In The Morning I'll Be Gone as one of its top 5 mysteries of 2014. This is very nice of the Mail as the rec comes with a huge big pic of the book (thanks to my mum for telling me about this).  

2. The Toronto Star (Canada's top selling newspaper (so says my buddy John McFetridge who spotted this one)) has also picked In The Morning I'll Be Gone as one of the best mysteries of 2014.


3. Slate Magazine has picked The Sun Is God as #2 on its list of Neglected Books of 2014. Thanks to Seana Graham for spotting this one. 


4. Booklist, the magazine of the American Library Association, has picked In The Morning I'll Be Gone as its #3 mystery of 2014


5. ABC Radio: The great Angela Savage - ABC's crime reviewer - picked In The Morning I'll Be Gone as one of her top five mysteries of 2014. 


6. The Australian (the best selling broadsheet newspaper in the country) picked In The Morning I'll Be Gone as one of its top 6 summer reads of the year. 


Both of these books, of course, are available at good bookshops or at the usual online retailers.